Language Proficiency Tests (Test DaF and DSH)

You will generally need to prove your German language skills to study at a higher education institution in Germany. The Test DaF (Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache)  [German as a foreign language test] and DSH (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang) [German language examination for university entrance] language proficiency tests are recognised by higher education institutions in Germany.

Many universities and private language institutes offer courses to prepare for the tests.

On the websites of the Test DaF Institute and the DSH information pages you can find information in various languages about prior knowledge, preparation courses and the testing process.