Information for Refugees in the Asylum Process

People who are still in the asylum process can generally request a work permit from their responsible immigration authority if

  • they have already been resident in Germany for three months and
  • they are no longer required to live in an Initial Reception Facility.

In certain cases, the immigration authority may also issue a work ban.