Proof of German Language Skills

Unless you are not joining a course in English, you will generally need to prove you have sufficient German language skills to study at a higher education institution in Germany. Test DaF (Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache) [German as a foreign language test] and DSH (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang)  [German language examination for university entrance] are the main language proficiency tests for university entrance.

Most universities also provide preparation courses so you can optimally prepare for the tests and required language skills for a degree course.

On the websites of the Test DaF and the DSH you can find information in various languages about prior knowledge, preparation courses and the testing process.