Information for Refugees in the Asylum Process

In Germany there is currently demand for professionals in many occupations. The Federal Government therefore has an interest in training refugees who are likely to be granted permanent resident status for the employment market and allowing them to enter a vocational training course. The entry requirements for this have even been eased. If you would like to start a vocational training course and have not yet been granted a residence permit, you can usually apply to do so to the immigration authority.

This is subject to the following:

  • You need to find a workplace or school to sign a training contract with you.

  • You must have a residence permit. This is the responsibility of your local immigration authority. The Federal Employment Agency must give its approval for your vocational training course.