Child income supplement

If you have very little income, you can also receive a child income supplement in addition to the child allowance. The supplement depends on your income. You can receive a maximum of 170 euro per month.

The family benefits office of the Federal Employment Agency is responsible for the processing of applications and payment of the child income supplement. 

You can also get advice via chat or at an MBE (Migrationsberatung [Immigration counselling]) office. Family counselling agencies can also provide information about the child income supplement.