Where and how do I apply for the child allowance?

You must apply for the child allowance through the family benefit office of your local Federal Employment Agency (Bundesagentur für Arbeit). 

 The application consists of two forms: 

  • The application for the child benefit (Kindergeldantrag) and
  • the annex about the child (Anlage Kind)

You can pick up and turn in these forms in person at the family benefit office of the employment agency, or print them out online and submit them to the family benefit office.